Geometric gradient patterns have been popular for a while now and I wanted to share with you how to create them with the Blend Tool. Creating these geometric gradient patterns is really lots of fun and you get a chance to play with the colors. At the same time, you might discover a neat pattern, and all that with the Blend Tool.
The geometric gradient patterns creations can be used for backgrounds, back drops or even for textile surface patterns!
So let me show you how to to create simple geometric gradient patterns with the Blend Tool and I hope my blend tricks will open up many more pattern creation possibilities for you.
Vectortwist Tips on the Blend Tool:
- The order of shapes is important when blending multiple shapes together.
- Select your shapes and use the shortcut OPTION/ALT+CMD/CLTR+B or in the top menu under Object > Blend > Make
- The Blend Tool is a life effect, meaning shapes, color and blend path can be changed.
- When blending in multiple steps, make sure your first blend is expanded. To do so go to Object > Blend > Expand
- You can not just blend colors, but also shapes. Get creative 🙂