Items purchased under the Standard License may be used for personal projects not intended for sale.
Items purchased under the Extended License may be used to create End Products for Sale where lifetime sales of the End Product for Sale do not exceed 250000 units.
Items purchased under the Commercial License may be used to create End Products for Sale that may be sold an unlimited number of times.
The Basics – Standard Personal License (VECTORTWIST)
This standard basic license applies to Digital Downloadable Products purchased from VECTORTWIST which are to be used in personal projects not intended for sale.
Business usages are not permitted under the Standard Personal License.
The details in plain English:
- The Standard License grants you ongoing permission to use the Digital Downloadable Product to create personal end products for your own use that are not intended to be sold. For the purposes of this Standard Personal License, ‘sold’ means you plan to sell, license, sub-license or distribute the end product for any type of fee or charge and is NOT allowed under license.
- Standard License Personal usages only. One license per computer. You may modify or manipulate the Digital Downloadable Product, or incorporate it into other content and make a derivative work from it. You may use the Digital Downloadable Product in a new end product so long as it is not used alone, but instead as elements or parts of a new design (regardless of how much the Digital Downloadable Product has been modified or how much of the new design it makes up).
- You may not sublicense, resell, share, transfer, or otherwise redistribute the Digital Downloadable Product on its own (e.g. as stock, in a tool or template, with source files, and/or not incorporated into an end product) under any circumstances, not even for free.
- You may not sell the end product, or sell access to the end product. This does not prevent you from charging a single client for your services to create the end product, in which case the client will be bound by the terms of this license, preventing them from selling the end product. If you or your client wants to sell the end product, you or they must purchase an Extended License.
- You may not use the Digital Downloadable Product for business purposes, e.g. advertising, promotions, packaging, etc. You must purchase the extended license for all business related needs.
- You may not make the Digital Downloadable Product available on a digital asset management system, shared drive, or the like for the purposes of sharing or transferring the Digital Downloadable Product, and you must not permit an end user of the end product to extract the Digital Downloadable Product and use it separately from the end product.
- You may not publicly display the Digital Downloadable Product: (a) as a standalone file in any digital format on the internet; or (b) in any digital format without imposing technical or written restrictions to prevent the unauthorized use of the Digital Downloadable Product by third parties.
- You agree to take all commercially reasonable steps to prevent third parties from accessing and/or duplicating the Digital Downloadable Product.
- You may not register as a trademark the Digital Downloadable Product or the end product incorporating the Digital Downloadable Product – not even logos. If you use the Digital Downloadable Product to create a logo for yourself or a client, keep in mind that third parties can use the Digital Downloadable Product too, even in another logo.
- You may not falsely represent, expressly or by way of reasonable implication, that any Digital Downloadable Product was created by you or a person other than VECTORTWIST(the copyright holder) of that Digital Downloadable Product.
The Legal – Standard Personal License
END USER AGREEMENT (STANDARD PERSONAL LICENSE)
This the VECTORTWIST End User Agreement (“The Agreement”) becomes a binding contract between you and VECTORTWIST, (“VECTORTWIST”) if you do not wish to be bound by the Agreement, you cannot access, use or download the Digital Downloadable Products. Please read all of the Agreement before you agree to be bound by its terms and conditions.
You hereby agree to the following:
I. You are bound by The Agreement and you acknowledge that all Use of the Digital Downloadable Products supplied to you by VECTORTWIST is governed by The Agreement.
II. “VECTORTWIST” as used herein shall mean collectively VECTORTWIST, its successors and assigns, its parent and affiliated corporations, its authorized distributors, and any third party which has licensed to VECTORTWIST any or all of the components of the Digital Downloadable Products supplied to you pursuant to The Agreement.
III. “Digital Downloadable Products” as used herein shall mean software or digital files which, when used on an appropriate device or devices, displays or generates typeface, typographic designs, graphic designs, artwork or ornaments. Digital Downloadable Products shall include all image representations of typeface, typographic designs, graphic designs, artwork and ornaments created by or derived from the Digital Downloadable Products. Digital Downloadable Products also includes upgrades, updates, related files, permitted modifications, printed reproductions, and related documentation.
IV. “Personal Use” shall mean Use of the Digital Downloadable Products for your customary personal purposes. “Personal Use” shall not mean any distribution for commercial purposes whatsoever of the Digital Downloadable Products or any component or Derivative Work thereof. “Personal Use” shall not include any Use of the Digital Downloadable Products by persons that are not members of your immediate household. All such household members shall be notified by you as to the terms and conditions of the Agreement and shall agree to be bound by it before they can have Use of the Digital Downloadable Products. You may use Digital Downloadable Products in scrapbooking layouts for submission to Scrapbook or Craft-related magazines for publication provided proper credit is given to: Simona Pfreundner and www.vectortwist.com as such: Simona Pfreundner, Kit Name and element. This includes any starting point of any graphic of the Digital Downloadable Product used in the submitted layout.
V. The Commercial Use of Digital Downloadable Products is strictly prohibited. This shall include, but is not limited to, any tangible item (ex: electronic book or magazine, stationary) distributed for a fee, any business form or sign, a ticket for an event, a receipt for the purchase of tangible goods, the creation of an item for re-sale or any use or distribution of Digital Downloadable Products that would be perceived as for Commercial Use, in any capacity.
VI. You are hereby granted a non-exclusive, non-assignable, non-transferable license to access the Digital Downloadable Products (i) only in a Licensed Unit, (ii) only for your Personal Use, and (iii) only subject to all of the terms and conditions of The Agreement. You have no rights to the Digital Downloadable Products other than as expressly set forth in The Agreement. You agree that VECTORTWIST owns all right, title and interest in and to the Digital Downloadable Products, its structure, organization, code, and related files, including all property rights therein such as copyright, design and trademarks rights. All rights not expressly granted in The Agreement are expressly reserved to VECTORTWIST.
VII. Printed reproductions of the Digital Downloadable Products can be produced on personal printing devices or at a consumer print or copy center. Under section III of The agreement, the printed reproductions are treated the same as the “Digital Downloadable Products” and are subject to all of the terms and conditions of The Agreement.
VIII. You may physically or electronically distribute Digital Downloadable Products embedded in a “Personal Use” document. Electronic (digital) distribution is allowed only when the Digital Downloadable Products embedded in such document (i) is in a static graphic image (for example, a “gif”) or an embedded electronic document, and (ii) is distributed in a secure format that permits only the viewing and printing (and not the editing, altering, enhancing, or modifying) of such static graphic image or embedded document. You may not embed Digital Downloadable Products in an electronic document or data file for any reason other than your own Personal Use. Printed reproductions cannot be distributed for any reason other than your own Personal Use.
IX. You may not alter Digital Downloadable Products for the purpose of adding any functionality which such Digital Downloadable Products did not have when delivered to you by VECTORTWIST.
X. You acknowledge that the Digital Downloadable Products are protected by the copyright and other intellectual property law of Canada and its various Provinces, by the copyright and design laws of other nations, and by international treaties. You agree to treat the Digital Downloadable Products as you would any other copyrighted material. You agree not to reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to discover the source code of the Digital Downloadable Products. You agree to use trademarks associated with the Digital Downloadable Products according to accepted trademark practice, including identification of the trademark owner’s name. Trademarks can only be used to identify printed output produced by the Digital Downloadable Products. The use of any trademark as herein authorized does not give you any rights of ownership in that trademark and all use of any trademark shall inure to the sole benefit of VECTORTWIST. You may not change any trademark or trade name designation for the Digital Downloadable Products.
XI. You may not rent, lease, sublicense, give, lend, or further distribute the Digital Downloadable Products, or any copy thereof.
XII. IN NO EVENT WILL VECTORTWIST BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE (I) FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, LOST BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES, OR LOST SAVINGS, EVEN IF VECTORTWIST HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR (II) FOR ANY CLAIM AGAINST YOU BY ANY THIRD PARTY SEEKING SUCH DAMAGES EVEN IF VECTORTWIST HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
XIII. You have the rights expressly set forth in The Agreement and no other. All rights in and to the Digital Downloadable Products, including unpublished rights, are reserved under the copyright laws of the United States and other jurisdictions. All rights reserved. Notwithstanding the foregoing, to the extent that any law, statute, treaty, or governmental regulation shall be deemed by a court of competent jurisdiction to provide you with any additional or different rights from those provided herein and such rights shall be deemed non-waiveable as a matter of law and to supersede the rights specifically provided herein, then such law, statute, treaty, or governmental regulation shall be deemed to be made a part of The Agreement. To the extent that any such rights created by any law, statute, treaty or governmental regulation are waiveable, you agree that your acceptance of The Agreement shall constitute an effective and irrevocable waiver of such rights. The Agreement may be enforced by VECTORTWIST or by an authorized dealer acting on behalf of VECTORTWIST.
The Basics – Standard Extended License (VECTORTWIST)
By purchasing an extended license that is applied to Digital Downloadable Products purchased through VECTORTWIST allows you to use the Digital Downloadable Product to be used in end products with the indent to sell them or used for business related purposes..
The details in plain English:
An Extended License certificate comes with every Extended License purchase from VECTORTWIST. The Extended License grants you ongoing permission to use the Digital Downloadable Product to create end products that are intended to be sold or used for business purposes (e.g. advertising, promotions, packaging, etc.). For the purposes of this Extended License, ‘sold’ means you plan to sell, license, sub-license or distribute the end product for any type of fee or charge. Items purchased under the Extended License may be used to create End Products for Sale where lifetime sales of the End Product for Sale do not exceed 250000 units.
Standard Extended License
- The Standard Extended License allows you to use the Digital Downloadable Products in any manner permitted under the Standard Personal License, and you may use Digital Downloadable Products to create end products that are intended to be sold or used for business purposes (e.g. advertising, promotions, packaging, etc.).
- You may use VECTORTWIST Digital Downloadable Products as a part of your own, physical/tangible, derived artwork OR to create physical/tangible products for resale or physical distribution as long as it is not sold or distributed digitally or electronically.
- The creation or printing and distribution of physical/tangible products may not exceed 250000 total pieces for any products that use a design or designs from a specific VECTORTWIST downloadable product.
- When using VECTORTWIST Digital Downloadable Products as such to create physical/tangible products for resale or physical distribution, you must provide proper credit in the product description or at the point of sale: Simona Pfreundner www.vectortwist.com
- You do not have the rights to resell the product as if it were your own. You do not have the rights to distribute the product with client proofs, or in unflattened files.
- You do not have the rights to share the product with clients or other designers (they must purchase their own extended or standard license).
- You do not have the rights to offer the product in a giveaway or promotion.
The resale or distribution of additional pieces, over the 25000 allowed, would require a Commercial Product License Agreement to be made with and agreed upon by VECTORTWIST. (contact Vectortwist for more details about a Commercial Product License Agreement).